Maybe we can add some check to the end of the initialization process that prevents them from activating unless the database is bootstrapped. As it currently stands, it's important to make sure all selected extensions are added to the load-paths, etc before ActiveRecord loads. Otherwise we're back where we were in 0.6.4 when extensions were loaded _after_ everything else, causing all sorts of load-order and load-path issues.

Sean