Please forgive my strong opinion, but.. oh, hold up please. What's going on with all those rounded corners? And the gradients are a bit over the top. Why move the tabs and are you really planning a search field?

On the positive side I do like the new metadata and attachments buttons. I'm interested in seeing what the attachment button will do because the old location for attachments made the save button fairly inconvenient.

The current design is really good. Whoever said it was outdated was crazy. Some very subtle changes to improve usability (ajax for the save and continue), possibly relocating a few things, and some more nice art like on the metadata button would be welcomed.

-Steven