Hi,

I was very impressed with Radiant CMS. I was looking for something very simple to use, but quite powerful, which radiant is. Other CMS systems look overcomplicated compared to elegant approach of Radiant. I was looking for something supporting multiple languages as well. I found neat "Translator" extension of radiant from Philip Burrows. I like the simple way how it handles multiple languages of various parts of the site.

There are couple of things I am missing in the extension:

Language dependent URLs: they should be in form something like this:
    www.myradiantsite.com/[language_part_of_URL]/radiant_destination
Reasons behind this are direct links to translated versions of articles and allowing search engines to index translated page. For example, google starts at page root in english, then goes:

[en] site.com --> [sk] site.com/sk --> [sk] site.com/sk/some_page

Is there any workaround for that at the moment? I would not mind modifying .htaccess file and include all languages there (they are just three), however I do not know much technical details how to do that. Or is there any other way?

Also, how I can make radiant to generate language dependent URLs? I want the language code or name to be present in translated version of an article/page.

In addition, what are plans to integrate multilingual support directly in to the Radiant CMS? That would be great and it will add huge competitive advantage(*) in the CMS if done in simple way. The Translator extension looks very promising...

Regards,

Stefan Urbanek

(*) I have seen no open source CSMs with properly and nicely implemented multilingual support.
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net