I've searched around on the Mailing List archive and I haven't seen this question asked, so here goes:

I want to password protect an entire Radiant instance, with the exception of allowing users to sign up. I'd like to avoid HTTP authentication, if at all possible. The standard user would not be able to edit content, so they wouldn't need access to any of the Admin UI.

Does anyone have any ideas how this could be accomplished? Could this be done by using RadiantOnRails for the signup/authentication and then an extension that would check for authentication before showing the page?

Regards,
Josh