RadiantOnRails is about a year old and thus not recommended. I recommend creating an extension that injects a before filter into SiteController so as to intercept the login and also turns on sessions. You would also need to make your own member model, perhaps using a plugin like acts_as_authenticated, and wire up the appropriate routes.

Sean

Josh Schairbaum wrote:
I've searched around on the Mailing List archive and I haven't seen this question asked, so here goes:

I want to password protect an entire Radiant instance, with the exception of allowing users to sign up. I'd like to avoid HTTP authentication, if at all possible. The standard user would not be able to edit content, so they wouldn't need access to any of the Admin UI.

Does anyone have any ideas how this could be accomplished? Could this be done by using RadiantOnRails for the signup/authentication and then an extension that would check for authentication before showing the page?

Regards,
Josh