There are a few ways you could go about it.  I've recommended that you
simply clone the extension into your app such as this:

git clone git://github.com/mghaught/radiant-page-event.git
vendor/extensions/page_event

Github also has a download button which will give you an tarball of
the project.  If neither of those work, there are a few other tricks
you can use.

Cheers,
Marty