Yes, you can add migrations.
No special Radiant way to do it as far as I know
Yes, it will cause problems. That may change depending on what is done when Radiant moves to Ralis 2.1 and if it can handle the time-stamped migrations. I'm no git expert, but you should be able to manage the problems (which would come in when you add 003_something.rb and the creator of the extension adds 003_something_else.rb).