Josh,

Here's another "we did that for Redken" moment. The professional site on Redken requires authentication in various places, but the consumer site requires none. Essentially we added a boolean flag on the Page model that would let one select whether login was required to see that page and had a default value for it that depended on the site it was being created on. In the end we had a little duplication to accomplish this, but it wasn't much. So, yes, you're on the right track. Have a look at how multi-site finds the correct page and then incorporate that into your before_filter.

Sean

Josh Schairbaum wrote:
Sean,

Thanks for the tips. I've also got the multi-site extension installed, would it be possible to completely password protect one site, but not the other? Meaning, could the filter on SiteController figure out which page was the root of the site and use it that way?

Regards,
Josh