Nevermind. I wound up going the route of alias_method_chain-ing SiteController's #show_page method. It makes things more tightly coupled to Radiant but it's also closer to how it'd be if built-in.

If anybody else out there is already using alias_method_chain on this method in your extension, let me know. I'd sure love to avoid a 20 car pileup there if a user has multiple extensions installed.

-Chris

Chris Parrish wrote:
This may be more Rails than Radiant but can anyone give me a hand with this one...

How do I execute ActionController::Routing::Routes.reload! for a running instance of Radiant from a Rake task? It works fine if I trigger it from within the app but I need it to run from Rake and it seems that Rake runs in a separate process.

Background for those who want it:

In the SnS extension, I define custom routes for CSS and JS files to route to my own TextAssetSiteController. I did this to prevent coupling too tightly with SiteController.

Well, now I'm upgrading the functionality to allow admins to change the configuration on the fly using Rake tasks. This includes settings that require the route to be updated and I don't know how to get Rake to run ActionController::Routing::Routes.reload! for a running instance of Radiant.

-Chris