On 2008/06/29, at 21:23, Jim Gay wrote:

On Jun 28, 2008, at 2:35 PM, john muhl wrote:

On 2008/06/27, at 21:02, Jim Gay wrote:

On Jun 27, 2008, at 10:26 PM, john muhl wrote:

I've patched the default Markdown extension....

Looks nice. I've been frustrated by strange parsing bugs, but never looked into it. A more accurate implementation of the syntax gets a warm welcome from me.

If you happen to have samples handy of the Markdown that caused trouble I'd be happy to add them to the test page.

It was actually **12** being parsed as <em>*12*</em> that drove me to plugging in RDiscount. Now I've started documenting the deficiencies in the RDiscount version on the github wiki. I think they're insignificant so far, since there is nothing that will ever get you called by a client irritated about their CMS; unless your clients do crazy nested <div>s in their Markdown :)

For what it's worth the Safari Web Inspector reports 10 HTML errors on the BlueCloth version of the test page, while it reports 1 on the RDiscount version (in the Advanced Inline HTML test which Markdown.pl itself would fail).

http://github.com/johnmuhl/radiant-markdown-extension/wikis/inconsistencies