We should definitely strive for clarity above all. The behavior should be explicit or readily apparent in the written tag and the ambiguity of OR vs. AND in this case worries me. Is there perhaps a more elegant but less general solution?

Sean

Adam van den Hoven wrote:
Actually I think you need to rethink things a bit. Specifically, I think that specifying multiple parts should be handled in an OR fashion. The reason is that there would be no way to create a div.sidebar if either a marketing or callout part exist and then put one or both of those part into the div. This is a completely reasonable use case (IMHO). At the same time, you can preserve the AND behaviour by nesting <r:if_content> tags.

As you've proposed, I can see no difference between:

<r:if_content part="this, that">Stuff</r:if_content>

and

<r:if_content part="this"><r:if_content part="that">Stuff</r:if_content></r:if_content>

And that suggests to me that applying an OR to the first case is a useful idea.

As to how inherit should work, I think you're on the right track; look for each part independently. Otherwise the following would not behave as you'd expect:

<r:if_content part="this, that" inherit="true"> <r:content part="this" inherit="true" /><r:content part="that" inherit="true" /></r:if_content>

Adam