I only got this far by combining these two tutorials:

http://forums.site5.com/showthread.php?t=14847

and

http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_To_Deploy_on_Site5

I have tried doing it over and over to recheck for typo's and so on but
with no luck.

But maybe it was a bad idea to use two tutorials and jump to the other
one whenever I got stuck?

But when I only follow this tutorial:

http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_To_Deploy_on_Site5

I get stuck at:

Unpack the application using the radiant command into the directory
radapp (it will create the directory if it does not exist).

 $ ~/gems/bin/radiant --database mysql radapp

I then get this error:

/usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:578:in `report_activate_error': Could
not find RubyGem radiant (>= 0) (Gem::LoadError)
  from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:134:in `activate'
  from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:49:in `gem'
  from /home/chainrea/gems/bin/radiant:18

Please help. Right now I don't need to deploy something specific - I
just want to get the basic radiant up and running remotely.

(I hove no problems with getting it up and running locally.)