Putting the sqlite3 database is a nifty idea, as long as you never make changes to your site in production mode.

-Alex
http://beautifulpixel.com

On Jul 22, 2008, at 8:34 AM, Sean Cribbs wrote:

If your site doesn't get a lot of traffic (or won't), I would suggest using sqlite3 and git locally in your project, and using the copy strategy in Capistrano. These settings should do the trick:

set :deploy_via, :copy
set :copy_strategy, :export
set :scm, :git
set :repository, '/full/path/to/the/local/project'
set :git_enable_submodules, true

The last line will help when you have extensions and/or Radiant installed as submodules. If you add the sqlite3 database to the repository (at least initially), you won't have to run setup on the server.

Sean

Beau O'Hara wrote:
Hi,
I spent part of my day getting more into Radiant. I really like what I see so far. It is pretty awesome how much such a simple looking tool can accomplish right out of the box. I am confident that radiant will work well for my project needs, and I am looking for any suggestions on production setup and workflow.

I plan on setting this up on a small VPS. I have never started with an existing rails app before here is my plan on a rails ready VPS

1. install radiant gem on server
2. run the radiant setup
3. Do Initial svn import
4. Checkout a local copy for development
5. Deploy via Capistrano. (Is this necessary with Radiant?)

Also, I am curious how best to handle image/file uploads with capistrano?

Thanks in advance.