On 2008/07/22, at 13:35, Tim Gossett wrote:

So if the Ray extension makes it stupid-easy to install Radiant extensions
and can use Git to schlep the code around, does it need to be on my
production box? Can I add it as a submodule for my local repo and ignore it for my remote repo? The idea is to streamline the production box so that it
doesn't have to load an extension that's only going to be used in
development.

Am I completely misunderstanding how Ray is to be used?

You've got it right. Install Ray locally to relieve yourself of some repetitive typing when in development, then ignore it in your deployment recipe. The only reason you'd want it on the production machine is to use the tasks there.

Nothing in Ray makes the extensions you install with it different than the ones you install normally; i.e. if you use submodules Ray will too, if you clone git repos into your extensions folder Ray will too, if you download archive files Ray will too.