Yes. I have seen this, and I'm not sure why it happens (but I haven't tried to find the cause either)
http://groups.google.com/group/radiantcms-dev/browse_thread/thread/f8b1cb2fd2cf2e68/f72e7fe237db648f?lnk=gst&q=%22not+installed%22#f72e7fe237db648f

I can verify that this happens for me in production, but even worse, it adds " - not intsalled" with each reload of the page so that it will say this for example: Archive - not installed - not installed - not installed

-Jim