Joannou,

Good to know you were able to fix it. What I mean is, we should make that line that queries the DB for the existing page types only execute under very specific circumstances. Right now, it just makes sure that tables exist in the DB. I intend to have something like:

Radiant.bootstrapped?

This will return true if the schema version is up-to-date and that specific columns exists, or whatever is necessary to verify that Radiant is properly bootstrapped to the latest schema. Maybe it should throw a warning.

Another option is to have a radiant:upgrade task that does a lot of this junk for you.

Sean

Joannou Ng wrote:
Hey Sean,

Radiant::Initializer#after_initialize leads to extensions being activated, which then leads to Page subclasses being loaded, which assumes the new DB schema, which is the problem when you're trying to migrate the schema up.

I commented lib/radiant/initializer.rb:110:
# extension_loader.activate_extensions

Ran the migration. Then uncommented it. Worked. Is this kosher?

I'm not sure how you guys wanna fold something into the next release that allows migrations to go through. Glad to help in any way though.

Cheers, Joannou.

Saying yes might seem like no big deal. It's only a few lines of code, right? Wrong. It's never just a few lines of code. - Fred Wilson, Venture Capitalist