I use tinyMCE for all my Radiant websites. I use the version available at http://radiant-tinymce-extension.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tinymce_filter/ .

I use my owb version of tiny_mce_settings.js, modified to work with newer versions of Radiant and the Page attachements extension (override /public/javascripts/extensions/tiny_mce/tiny_mce_settings.js):
http://pastie.org/262374

The reason tinyMCE (and perhaps other filters) are not working well with newer versions of radiant, is that the id's of central page elements has changed, i.e. 'part[0][filter_id]' now has the more correct id of 'part_0_filter_id'.

Cheers,
Casper