You might try specifying the production database in your rake commands, like

rake production radiant:extensions:paperclipped:migrate
rake production radiant:extensions:paperclipped:update

by default the rake commands run on the development database. Or in your database.yml file set your development database to point to your production db, like

development:
  production

production:
  adapter: sqlite3