Andrew Neil wrote:
Hello all (and especially Mohit),
Hello Drew (and everyone)

A couple of weeks ago I started work on the article "Using the built-in tags" for the Summer Reboot. My intention was to go over a handful of Radius tags which carry out 'typical' functions, such as inserting content, changing scope, showing content on condition that... etc. I'm trying to illustrate how the various tags work by providing examples, often using a fake site map.

I had thought of creating a simple sample DB that we could use for this purpose. If there's interest, I can hammer something out this weekend. I have recently learned how to extract out content from a Word document - splitting at every Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, etc. to create a bunch of textile files that can be inserted into Radiant. I could use something like that if need be.

Well, the article has grown rather large, and so I have decided that it is appropriate to branch it into a series of shorter articles:

http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Introduction_to_Radius
    http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Tags_that_insert_content
    http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Tags_that_change_the_scope
    http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Conditional_tags
*snip*

I think the re-organization makes sense. I'm just thinking if it's better to consider posting this whole thing into a separate chapter. Let's see how much stuff goes into it. If there's a lot, we'll do that later.

This is great. I had written up something on inserting dates - I'll find the correct section and post it in. Currently, it's at:
http://notepad.onghu.com/2007/9/10/radiant-cms-showing-the-date-of-articles

If anyone has time to proof my articles, I'd be glad to hear any feedback. Especially if you are new to Radiant, because you are the target audience for this set of articles. If you already have experience using Radius tags, perhaps you can read with a view to finding mistakes.

If no one else gets to it first, I shall do so this weekend.

Last weekend, I finally got back to using Radiant for a site that I've wanted to for a very long time, and was very happy to see that the Summer Reboot documentation really helps! I've also got code now that helps you insert pages automatically using Ruby into a Radiant install (thanks Saji!) but the actual code is a real mess. Once I clean it up a bit, I can publish that as reference for anyone who may need it - and also into the wiki under 'Advanced' uses.

Cheers,
Mohit.
9/2/2008 | 2:26 PM.