On Sep 8, 2008, at 7:48 PM, Giovanni Intini wrote:

Hi, I wrote a small extension to handle a 1:1 list of URLs that need
to be mapped with a 301 Redirect to new locations.

I needed it because the VPS I deployed on runs on mod_rails and I
couldn't use .htaccess.

More info (and the code):
http://tempe.st/2008/09/legacy-path-handler-a-radiant-extension/

Nice.
This sounds similar to Vapor http://github.com/saturnflyer/radiant-vapor-extension/tree/master which allows you to edit the redirects from the Radiant interface, but loads them into memory for faster parsing and less db traffic. Vapor has the status codes hard-coded but gives the option of '307 Temporary Redirect','302 Found' or '301 Moved Permanently'
You might be interested in it.

Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com