Thanks everyone for sharing so far.  I will be spending some cycles on
this aspect shortly.  Alan, I look forward to reviewing your updates
as a good starting place.  Sean, I think that aggregate code will be
useful to look over though I suspect I'm already doing that in one of
my extensions.  When I've got my updated blog swinging, I'll add to
both the documentation as well as push up any extensions I write to
github.

Cheers,
Marty

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In reference to the "Radiant as a Blog" documentation (which I signed up
> for) I have been working on it and am almost ready for the editing process,
> however I have been slammed with work and am getting married in less then a
> month. So needless to say, spare time has been very hard to come by.
>
> However with the direct interest in how to use Radiant as a blog I will
> through up some documentation appropriate for those who are familiar with
> Radiant. Basically a guide on which extensions work well together and with
> the latest version of Radiant. I have used the combination to put up two
> blogs.
>
> I will put that up tonight (EDT) with the intent of adding the full version
> (targeted at the Radiant newbie) in the next month.
>
> I use comments, tags (2.0 tag cloud kind), blog tags (next/prev/time ago in
> words), sns, and maybe one or two others. However, some versions of these
> extensions will not work with each other.
>
> Alan
>
> Sean Cribbs wrote:
>>
>> Mohit,
>>
>> Yes, the primary features for the blogging release are already mostly
>> developed by people who aren't members of the dev team - "web 2.0"-style
>> tags, comments on every page, etc.  I suspect what we'll do is fork those
>> extensions into the 'radiant' account on github and have our hackers
>> contribute back to them.  John and I planned all of those features to be
>> extensions anyway.
>>
>> If you guys want more detail about my setup, I'm willing to share the
>> Radius code as well.
>>
>> Sean
>>
>> Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

>>> Actually, I'm tempted to go your way also.  I've got a blog set up with
>>> Mephisto, but I'm just not familiar enough with Mephisto.  On the other
>>> hand, I don't yet know how to use virtual pages and how to use the archive
>>> functionality yet (haven't needed it) - I'm hoping that someone will write a
>>> bit about these in the Summer Reboot.
>>> But, this thread is timely.  There is a need for adding some more about
>>> using Radiant for blogging to the Summer Reboot documentation.  By the way,
>>> Sean, what new features are planned for blogging support in Radiant?  If I
>>> remember correctly, that's one of the items on the list for the hack fest?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mohit.