I hate to burst your bubble, but Radiant neither is nor intends to be portal software. Radiant does content-focused sites well (think brochure-ware) and partially-dynamic sites with a decent amount of work, but is not designed to aggregate other applications. Luckily, Rails is such a flexible framework that such a mashup (some clever API design combined with ActiveResource, maybe?) should be fairly straightforward.

If you do come up with something and can find the means to open-source some of it, I'm sure the community would be interested in what you produce. The portal space is kind of lacking in the Rails world at the moment.

Sean

Joe Ersinghaus wrote:
Hello,

My first post. :)

I'm looking for this functionality and would like to know if RadiantCMS can
provide:

We need a portal system like that provided in the Java world by JBoss or
Liferay in that:

1. Our custom rails applications can be "hosted" or "integrated" into the
CMS framework.
2. Access to these application can then be controlled via the CMS' built in
authentication/authorization system.

Seems like this could be a huge boon for organizations such as mine looking
for an entry point into rails application development at the enterprise
level.

Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe