Hi!

Sean's right... however Goldberg CMS http://www.goldberg.240gl.org/ could be a good start, to get the basic functionality (such as authentication/permissions control) in place. (It's very bare bones, but is the place that I might have started if I'd wanted to make a portal site in Rails.)

For a good but brief overview of different CMS options for Rails, check:
http://ananasblau.com/ruby-on-rails-cms

  cheers, Simon