On Sep 26, 2008, at 09:47 , Mohit Sindhwani wrote:

Simon Rönnqvist wrote:
 Hi and thanks for the quick answer!

On Sep 26, 2008, at 07:14 , Jim Gay wrote:

Just to prevent any confusion, its the 'default_order' plugin, not extension And take a look at http://github.com/avonderluft/radiant-page_list_view-extension/tree/master for another way to do it

I think ordering by title is great for a CMS. For a blog it makes less sense, but Radiant was built first to be a CMS.

OK, so this means that the order of all of the things in the three would be according to date? That's not exactly what I was looking for, the best option would be if only the articles (ie. blog posts/news articles) would be ordered by date, the rest may well be ordered alphabetically. (Or in fact ordering by weight would be useful, so that the user could for example define the order in which the normal (static) pages should appear in the menu by dragging and dropping them into the right order in the back-end three. But that's a different story.)

If I'm not wrong, the reorder plugin would help you with that part - however, it doesn't affect only the admin, it affects the display of articles on the site also. If you're after that ability, it's exactly what you should consider using. We have a page in the Summer Reboot documentation project about the Reorder extension: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Reorder - there are some screenshots there that may give you an idea of what it looks like (in the front-end and the admin area).

Hope this helps.

9/26/2008 | 2:46 PM.

Yes, that's what I was looking for (in my comment within the parenthesis). Thanks! Hope this plays well together with having articles ordered by date. I'll try playing around with these as soon as I have time, you'll probably hear from me. :)