Hi,

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:55:03PM +0900, Manabu Oguma wrote:
> Maybe your ferret server is not running.

The ferret server is not required. I wrote the extension so I could use
acts_as_ferret in a shared host environment where running a server is
not possible.

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 2:45 PM, KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi. I'm newbie of radiant but have very interesting of
> > radiant cms framework. Now I'm trying to install AAF Search
> > extention,but failed in migration:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/radiant/openedu[64]% rake production
> > radiant:extensions:aaf_search:migrate
> > (in /s/usr-home/admin/radiant/openedu)
> > rake aborted!
> > druby://localhost:9010 - #<Errno::EPROTONOSUPPORT: Protocol not
> > supported - socket(2)>

I don't have a good guess as to why the migration is failing but I would
look at the "protocol not supported" cause to debug this. The only thing
the migration does is to add a "searchable" field to the pages table in
the DB. I would venture a guess that perhaps DB communication via socket
is not working in your environment. (Only a guess!!)

> > (See full trace by running task with --trace)
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/radiant/openedu[65]%
> >
> > I've installed aaf_search according to [1] and [2] as
> > follows:
> >
> > (1) chechout Search extention
> >
> > % svn checkout
> > %
> > http://projects.barnard-engineering.com/svn/tags/radiant-extensions/aaf_search/REL-0.1
> > % vendor/extensions/aaf_search

You should be able to run the migration at this point; ferret and
acts_as_ferret are required to run the extension but not to add the
field to the DB.

> > (2) install ferret and acts_as_ferret
> >
> > # gem install ferret
> > # gem install acts_as_ferret

Probably this method of installing acts_as_ferret will work, though I
exported it to the vendor/plugins directory in my extension.

> > (3) add require for acts_as_ferret in config/environment.rb

This step may or may not be required when running acts_as_ferret as a
gem. I don't know...

> > (4) execute aaf_install
> >
> > % aaf_install

See previous comment. I did not install acts_as_ferret this way.

> > Whats' wrong?  My working enviroments are following
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~[67]% uname -a
> > FreeBSD web.openedu.org 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Sun Mar 30
> > 19:07:40 JST 2008     [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~[68]% gem list
> >
> > *** LOCAL GEMS ***
> >
> > actionmailer (2.0.2)
> > actionpack (2.0.2)
> > activerecord (2.0.2)
> > activeresource (2.0.2)
> > activesupport (2.0.2)
> > acts_as_ferret (0.4.3)
> > ferret (0.11.6)
> > gettext (1.91.0)
> > radiant (0.6.7)
> > radius (0.5.1)
> > rails (2.0.2)
> > rake (0.8.2, 0.8.1)
> > sources (0.0.2)
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~[69]% ruby -v
> > ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-freebsd7]
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~[71]%

I doubt that the migration failure is related to your gem
environment. These gems are pretty standard. FWIW the two places I have
installed this extension run ruby 1.8.4 & 1.8.5 on i386-linux.

> > [1] http://projects.barnard-engineering.com/doc/aaf_search/index.html
> > [2] http://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret/

Look into the socket protocol error and let me know what you find. When
I get a chance I'll look into myself to see if I can provide you with a
better guess.

Cheers, Bill
--
Bill Barnard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>