Nate: Thanks for the response.  I agree that what you are saying is
true.  I am trying to balance performance against maintainability of the
site.  Perhaps you have a better suggestion for what I want to
accomplish.  I want to be able to run multiple version of the site (one
for development and one for production).  I understand that radiant has
dev and prod 'modes' but this is not really quite what I want.  For
example I want to be able to edit a page (and its attachments) for
somebody to review without modifying the existing production version of
that page.  I figured that if everything were stored in the database it
would make things easier.  I would just need to dump the dev database
and import it into the prod database when I want to go live with
changes.  Thanks in advance for any suggesions you might have.

John: Thanks -- perhaps I will try this if nobody has a better idea for
managing content (based on what I wrote just above).