Christopher Dwan wrote:
Standard caching in Radiant involves the web server talking to Radiant. Basically Radiant looks around and says "ah, I have it here already, here you go."

Static caching is where the web server comes into the room, sees the page there and leaves without Radiant knowing about it. It doesn't make a big difference if you are hosting one site, but if you have a bunch of sites running on the same server, I think the latter is awesome because it just means less memory being used by Ruby processes. Besides that, you can then have your web server take the static pages and compress them, which I would like to do...

Ohhh, I think I see my confusion - Passenger apparently turns page caching INTO static caching. When I visit page-cached pages, Passenger + my one-line mod_rewrite rule automatically serves the page from disk.

Jay