"Tim Gossett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Luis Lebron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Suggestions
>> I think it would be useful if we split the user role into 2: authors and
>> editors. The main difference would be that authors can only create draft
>> content, editors would have the same rights as the current user role.
>>

> Since this behavior is pretty specific to your client's needs, you may want
> to build upon the
> RBAC<http://github.com/saturnflyer/radiant-rbac-base-extension/tree/master>extension.
> I couldn't find any other extensions which build off of RBAC, but
> maybe Jim has some examples.
>
> And, BTW, the user model already has two roles: Administrator and Developer.
> Your suggestion would apply to users who are neither admins nor devs.

I also have an extension that builds on the Radiant User model to
allow for site registration and creation of a site profile.  I had
forgotten about the RBAC extension, so I may want to go back and look
at that:

  http://github.com/farra/radiant-members-extension/tree/master

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905