Nate, I'm with you. For all the crap I had to go through to get Git to work right, I could've written 80 new extensions. But they promise me that it will make your whites whiter so I'm lookin forward to the glory...

As for uninstalling, SnS should be pretty painless but if you act quickly before I update SnS on Github in the next few days, you should be able to just delete your /vendor/extensions/sns/ directory and pour in what comes out of github -- no uninstall, no de-migrations -- since the versions will be the same and therefore the extension's code will be identical.

And if you installed an older version of SnS (or you miss my update window) and your version doesn't match the master branch on GitHub, I've fully tagged my repo so you should be able to pull down a verbatim copy of any version you already have.

Feel free to email me off-list if you have any challenges.

-Chris