Finally figured out what it was.

My version of Firefox (Firefox on Kubuntu linux) didn't know the video/x-flv mime-type so when it uploaded the file it was setting the content type as application/octet-stream. It appears paperclipped uses the browser mime-type to determine if the file is allowed to be uploaded or not (I assumed it checked the file).

Adding the mime-type to Firefox solved the issue.

On Kubuntu create a ~/.mime.types file with

video/x-flv                flv

(The master mime-type file is /etc/mime.types)

I do not know if this affects windows Firefox or how you would add the mime-type in windows.

Cheers

Jeff

Jeffrey Jones wrote:
Hoi all.

Has anyone managed to upload flash video files using the paperclipped extension? I added video/x-flv to the allowed mime types but the FLVs are still getting rejected as not allowed.

Thanks

Jeff