Howdy all,

I am a mediocre programmer so don't expect much from me ;) However I have just discovered the "Help" extension from saturnflyer which I am liking a lot. I am therefore going to be writing some help files for other extensions that will display on the "Help" extension page.

I will send these files to the relevant extension owner (Or do a pull request in github).

I am also eyeing the page_groups extension because it is a tad out of date, it needs one change to make it work in rails 2.1 and it could also do with a few new features (Such as displaying group access on the "List" view that is enabled by the epnymous extension).

Cheers

Jeff

引用 Mohit Sindhwani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

As you guys know, this weekend (24th - 26th Oct, 2008) is the Radiant
Sprint Weekend where we are looking forward to getting a lot of code
and features cranked out - so, a big thanks and good luck to the guys
who are going... we hope that we'll get mini-updates as things progress
:)

That said, I'd like to invite the rest of the community (those who
can't make it there for some reason or the other) to find something in
the Radiant ecosystem that they can write about! I'm hoping that while
the coders hack, some of the rest of us can document things like
extensions, etc. to get things moving on that front.

For my part, I'll try to add 2 or 3 things over the weekend - I'm
hoping to strip out some of the details of the 'Comments' extension
(from the article on using Radiant as a blog) to a separate piece, add
something about Gallery and may be 1 or 2 more items.

Given their high level of use, I'm hoping someone can add something for
Paperclipper, SnS, Multi-site and PageAttachments.

[Details]
Naturally, the Summer Reboot project outline is:
http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Summer_Reboot

[Samples]
An example of documenting an extension with screen shots, known
problems, etc. is: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Copy_and_Move

Alternatively, you could help by documenting (on the basis of the
mailing list or your experience) a frequently asked question/ tip for
troubleshooting (Appendix C). An example is:
http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Intermittent_Errors_with_SQLite_on_Windows

You could choose to document something that's already in the outline,
or you could add your own item. Don't worry about which chapter it goes
into. Just create it first - if worried, create a new chapter called
'Uncategorized Items' and add it under that - we'll catalog it
somewhere proper later.

[How to]
1. In my opinion, the simplest way to start is to update the Summer
Reboot main page first and mark something as a wiki link by enclosing
the text between [[ and ]]. For example, if you have this entry:

# Gallery – Image galleries

you could make Gallery a wiki link by changing it to [[Gallery]] - when
you save the page, there will be question mark next to Gallery in the
page:

* Gallery? - Image galleries

2. Click on the question mark and the wiki will fill out the correct
details and take you to a page where the content is empty. Just start
typing out what you want to say.

3. Authentication: when you click on 'Edit' you will be asked for a
password and e-mail. Enter your email address and any password of your
choice when you go there the first time. An account is auto-created for
you. Just use that e-mail and password henceforth. There is NO separate
registration.

4. The wiki uses Textile markup - there's a link next to the Edit Box
of a page that will take you to Textile help.

5. The page title and main heading will be the same as the link you
clicked. DO NOT change it - if you change it, you will need to link in
that page again.

6. If you want to see another page's Textile markup (as reference or
whatever), my recommendation would be to open it in another window and
then click on edit. DO NOT click on 'cancel' to cancel the editing
(i.e. exit without saving) - somehow, this triggers Junebug wiki to
treat it as a new version if no changes are made. Just close the window
or click on back.

7. Images: The wiki doesn't allow image attachments. You'll need to put
it on a publicly accessible site and link to it using Textile. If you
have problems with a public site, let me know by email "tech {at} onghu
dot com" - I could put it up for you on my site and send you the links.

Hope this helps.

10/23/2008 | 11:49 AM.