Thanks Michael,

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 03:26:50PM +0200, Michael Kessler wrote:
> Bill,
>
> If you don't specify a dev host in the settings, any domain starting
> with 'dev' will be seen as a dev host.

This would be true if multi_site were not installed. I found that
multi_site sets dev.host to "preview".

In my environment.rb therefore I set:

Radiant::Config["dev.host"] = "dev"

Now I see the Draft mode pages on dev.base_domain and not on
base_domain. However the <r:if_dev> tag will not expand on
dev.base_domain. The logic for the if_dev tag (in
app/models/standard_tags.rb) looks the same as that for the dev? method
(in app/controllers/site_controller.rb). I assume dev? is used to
determine whether a Draft page is rendered but I'm not sure.

Thanks, Bill