Hi David,

David Hayes wrote:
I saw your writeup and I did double check everything and even reinstalled the extension, but I still can't get it to work.

I'm not sure why this isn't working, my only thought is that somehow the username and password variables are not getting set.

Any other information you need I am happy to provide.

Thanks for your help.

That's not good, of course. I remember that the login box will pop up if the page type is 'simple_password' even if there is no 'config' page part. So, at least, the extension seems to be kicking in (that means that the installation is ok).

I'm using these as the password settings and it works fine:
user: foozball
password: secret
realm: kingdom

When you are prompted for the password, are you getting the correct realm? In Firefox, it should say: 'A username and password is being requested for .... The site says 'kingdom'' - are you getting the correct realm? On IE, it should say: 'The server localhost at kingdom is ...'
Cos if you're not, that means your YAML is not being parsed correctly.

Lastly, by any chance, is your config page part using a filter? It should be 'none'.

Hope this helps.
10/24/2008 | 11:23 AM.