Manuel Meurer wrote:
I think that there is a place for these tags and I'd love it if there was
an easy way to use this to create both if_ and unless_ tags. Something like:

conditional_tags "my_tag" do |tag|
 #return a boolean
 false
end

which would then create if_my_tag and unless_my_tag tags. For the if_ tag,
the contents of the tag is executed when block returns true, and the reverse
happens for the unless_ tag.
This is interesting.  I'll have to think about this.  Essentially what
you're going for here is the removal of the attributes (something I agree
with).  I bet my extension would be more comfortable if only you could
write:

 <r:if content exists?>

This would not be valid XML.
Attributes must have a value.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#attdecls

Manuel
Radius isn't really xml -- it just eerily *looks* like xml. For example, Radius will allow all kinds of characters in the tag that XML doesn't permit.

And that's fine. We aren't really marking up the document structurally we're just borrowing a familiar notation for a templating language.

I see no reason we couldn't create, say, a php-radius tag extension that parsed: <? snippet name="my snippet" ?> as a snippet tag. Or maybe ERB's <%%>

I really wasn't proposing changing radius there (though I am intrigued by the above). Instead I was looking at how the pattern of xml can make radius tags less comprehensible. Round peg, square hole in some cases.

Another example would be creating if, else if, else structures. I don't see how you could use an xml-like notation to pull that off. Lucky for us, if-then is plenty sufficient for 99.99% of all the needs for Radiant users.

-Chris