Sorry. I didn't want to come across so preachy. I agree with you. It bugs me too.

If, however, I ask myself whether it would bother a non-techy -- someone who not only doesn't know xml but who's never even heard of it -- then I'd bet nearly all would prefer something like:
   <r:if x = 0> to <r:if cond="x = 0">

But the technical part of me still struggles with it anyway.

-Chris

Manuel Meurer wrote:
Ok, you're right.
For me, <r:if content exists?> would not feel right, though.

Manuel

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Chris Parrish