Erik Ostrom said the following on 12/02/2008 07:46 PM:
> I'm hosting a site with Passenger on Dreamhost - it's slow, but
> functional.  I used Dr. Nic's Gems on Rails plugin:
>
> http://gemsonrails.rubyforge.org/
>
> Basically, you install Gems on Rails as a Rails plugin; install your
> gems in the normal way; then use 'rake gems:freeze' to install them in
> vendor/gems in your application.  Seems to work fine with
> Radiant/Passenger/DreamHost.

Hmm.
Now it blows up with a phusion message:

    The application has exited during startup (i.e. during the
    evaluation of config/environment.rb). The error message may have
    been written to the web server's log file. Please check the web
    server's  log file (i.e. not the (Rails) application's log file) to
    find out why the application exited.

the error log file has no entry at the time for my IP address and the
access as only the request that I expect to see.  No diagnostics.

I suspect it blowing up at the line in evironment.rb that reads

        config.plugins = [ :all ]

though I'm not sure how I can prove that.  What else did you do?

Unfreezing the gem (RedCloth-4.1.1) and the application works once again....

"Next!"
--
The future, according to some scientists, will be exactly like the past,
only far more expensive.