Hi,

The SimplePassword radiant extension is great. It's easy to use, uses clean code and you explain your customers how to use it. If you don't know it, check it out at http://github.com/yoon/radiant-simple-password-extension/tree/master

However, it's not so good in a few situations. We recently had a project in which a few pages needed to be protected, not just one page. The next challenge was that instead of just one username/ password combination, there needed to be a lot of users/passwords. The site-admin also needed to be able to generate random passwords.

I therefor forked the SimplePassword extension. You can find it at http://github.com/franklouwers/radiant-not-so-simple-password-extension/tree/master .

After installing, use it as follows:

- create a page, of type PassPage. Delete all page-parts, and create one that's called "config". In the config-part, specify usernames/ passwords in the "username: pass" format. It's more flexible than yaml, it can cope with bad syntax. Hint: keep this page "hidden" to prevent it from showing up on your site/rss/...

- if you need to create random password, there's a (javascript) button that does just that. (If you need to translate the strings, they are in app/views/admin/page/_spe_passgen.rhtml)

- All pages that should be protected should have the page type Protected.

Note: I think by default, Protected pages will show up in the rss feed. You might want to change that!

Regards,

Frank Louwers
Openminds bvba