Is there a way, other than tags, to have "Categories" in a radiant based
blog?

I've seen the pastie for Sean's blog that uses 'aggregate'.

As far as I can tell, correct me if I'm wrong, it relies on a hierarchy:

  /weblog/
    +------- /tech/
    +------- /philosophy/

That would seem to imply that a post can be in one and only one category
at a time.

I'm also not clear how that allows for a "general" data based archive,
as the example in the pastie only shows as "child of each category".
The sidebar example shown is for the 'philosophy' branch.

--
Virtually every major technological advance in the history of the human
species-- back to the invention of stone tools and the domestication of