On the page "extensions" in the Radiant backend the extension "Escape Json"
appears as enabled.
So I used the tags <r:escape_jsonan> and </r:escape_json> in a page part.

The result is the following error message (appearing in the frontend):
undefined tag `escape_json'

I followed your (Sean's) instruction step by step.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick