When we were trying to choose a rich-editor solution for Con-way, I implemented a simple version of WMD. I liked it a lot, plus it has a live preview, should you choose to enable it. It should be fairly trivial to re-implement.

Sean

Simon Rönnqvist wrote:
  Hi!

By looking a little bit the code of textile_editor I figured that it seems that it'd just need a few changes to a couple of JS-files in order to be used with Markdown. Of course we could fork it into a new extension called markdown_editor, but it wouldn't really make sense since it'd virtually be the same extension with a different configuration.

What would be the smartest way to implement Markdown-support? Should I just make a hackish mod with JS-files that replace the original ones, well to begin with probably... yes. :) But if I do that, would anyone be interested in implementing support for multiple 'markup languages' in textile_editor, and maybe eventually change the name of the project to something more general?

  cheers, Simon