rizwana banu said the following on 12/17/2008 05:52 AM:
> Hello,
>            Hope you all are doing well.

OUCH!
Please don't begin like that.  It triggers too many spam filters.

>            In my application i need to create a tag for displaying the
> footnotes in an article.

Please see the footnote mechanism in Textile.
"Out of the box" it doesn't have the 'return' mechanism you mention, but
that's easy enough to add by over-riding a couple of functions.
I'm not a programmer, but I can and have done similar minor hacks to
RedCloth to do 'tune-ups'.

See also http://www.jbrains.ca/category/rails
         http://wids.net/lab/bluestole.en.html

I don't know what the situation is with RedCloth-4.1.1 and since I have
the problems described in previous postings here I haven't been able to
try it.

If anyone knows how to install RedCloth-4.1.1 as a plug-in rather than
an extension that calls a GEM I'd be very appreciative.

--
History knows no resting places and no plateaus.
    Henry Kissinger

--
People who make no mistakes do not usually make anything.