Also, I forgot to address your bug report.

Originally it was just going to be support for authors (hence your error "uninitialized constant AuthorExtension") I've pushed an update to fix that, but it was a typo in blog/lib/tasks/ blog_extension_tasks.rake

Pull the latest, and do let me know if you have any trouble.