Michael and Marcus,

Thank you for your info.
I know Radiant is just a RoR app and I also know about the DB2 active
record adapter. But some RoR apps rely on some DB-specific behavior,
that's why I'm asking if Radiant in particular is working with DB2 or
not.

> As MySQL is free, is it an option to add that type of database, and
> migrate the data from DB2?  I assume that since you are evaluating
> Radiant, your current DB2 tables won't be used, unless you build custom
> extensions.

I will build custom extensions and need to access the legacy tables.
The DB2 has to stay. I was also thinking about migrating parts of the
old DB, but that's not an option for the customer: A legacy client
application is still using the DB2 database (with 100s of tables), and
the Radiant app has to use that data that users enter with that legacy
app. So it has to stay.

> You could probably run MySQL on the same server as DB2 is
> running now (AIX?)

Technically: yes (it's a Solaris box).

- Johannes

http://blog.springenwerk.com