Chiming in here.

I have used Paperclipped with images, PDFs and Movies. However it relies on the browser knowing what MIME type it is uploading so make sure yer browser does that correctly. I can't remember what I had to do with FF in Linux to make it realise it was uploading a movie but I had to change a few things.

Arj