Install Help
script/extension install help
http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/5-help
http://github.com/saturnflyer/radiant-help-extension/tree/master
It provides help documentation in the Radiant interface, and some in the help/help_extension.rb file

And read the Wiki
http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Summer_Reboot
See section 3 "Writing your Own Extension"

Radiant parses the content and finds things like <r:whatever ...> and does something with them. The Help extension provides a list of all tags that you have installed and on what types of pages they may be used
Just install it and go to http://yourserver/admin/role_help/developer

Aloha