Sean Cribbs wrote:
> To force Passenger to stay running, you can set PassengerPoolIdleTime to
> some insanely huge value.  They recommend 2 x TimeBetweenRequests.  So
> if it's a day between requests, set the value to 2 * 24 * 60 * 60 or
> 172800.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I decided to go with a cron job so that I wouldn't have to guess about
what to change the cache or server settings to.

However, it wasn't working properly -- still had the long delay -- while
I was using "> /dev/null" for some reason. So I simply removed that part
and stuck with the "-s" flag, and now the page loads up immediately.