With templates, the part is there even if empty. You probably need a tag that checks whether the contents of the part is blank. Andrew vonderLuft has some tags that he intended to submit to core that do just that - I'll poke him about it.

Sean

N. Turnage wrote:
Hey all. I am using the templates extension and I have 'address1' and 'address2' fields in a template used to hold information about a number of institutions. When I use r:children:each to iterate over the fields for each institution, some or which do not have any content in the address2 field, the bullet is still rendered using using the following block:

<r:children:each>
<h5><r:title /></h5>
 <r:content part="address1" />
 <r:if_content part="address2">
 &bull; <r:content part="address2" />
 </r:if_content>
</r:children:each>

I was expecting that because the address2 field is empty that the bullet and address2 content part would not be rendered. Is that not what is supposed to happen?

Thanks,

Nate