I installed on 64-bit Ubuntu 8.10. (seancribbs.com)

Sean

john muhl wrote:
what type of system did you install mod_xsendfile on? it's completely broken
for 64bit httpd on osx.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Sean Cribbs <seancri...@gmail.com> wrote:

They wouldn't report a different size (all other headers are preserved),
but the header gives the file a fast-track through the web-server and
operating system.  Essentially, it tells the OS to stream the file to the
socket, on OS's that support it.

Sean

john muhl wrote:

i've been using the old x-sendfile patch on nginx and mongrel for about a
year with no blank page issues. after setting up an edge 0.7 in a virtual
machine i was able to run nginx and thin in production mode with no blank
pages in well over a million requests through ab (assuming those blank
pages
would report their size differently than the page that was supposed to be
served).