Hi.

I have Radiant site on Dream Host and have local gem installation. When I do "gem update" it seems the mechanize gem is downloaded because Radiant requires it? The problem is the mechanize gem never successfully installs. I get the error message pasted below, and when I contacted DH support, they said they can't make libxslt available, that I would have to compile the mechanize gem for linux machine and upload it myself. But I do not have access to linux machine. Is there a way to get around / prevent the mechanize gem from getting stuck? Thanks.

Ken

-error message-

[wolverine]$ gem update
Updating installed gems
Updating mechanize
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

/usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb update
checking for libxml/parser.h in /opt/local/include/,/opt/local/include/ libxml2,/usr/include/libxml2,/usr/include,/usr/local/include/libxml2,/ usr/include/libxml2... yes checking for libxslt/xslt.h in /opt/local/include/,/opt/local/include/ libxml2,/usr/include/libxml2,/usr/include,/usr/local/include/libxml2,/ usr/include/libxml2... no
libxslt is missing.  try 'port install libxslt' or 'yum install libxslt'
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
        --with-opt-dir
        --without-opt-dir
        --with-opt-include
        --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
        --with-opt-lib
        --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
        --with-make-prog
        --without-make-prog
        --srcdir=.
        --curdir
        --ruby=/usr/bin/ruby1.8
        --with-xml2-dir
        --without-xml2-dir
        --with-xml2-include
        --without-xml2-include=${xml2-dir}/include
        --with-xml2-lib
        --without-xml2-lib=${xml2-dir}/lib
        --with-xslt-dir
        --without-xslt-dir
        --with-xslt-include
        --without-xslt-include=${xslt-dir}/include
        --with-xslt-lib
        --without-xslt-lib=${xslt-dir}/lib

Gem files will remain installed in /home/kenhan/.gems/gems/ nokogiri-1.2.1 for inspection. Results logged to /home/kenhan/.gems/gems/nokogiri-1.2.1/ext/nokogiri/ gem_make.out