The quick alternative I see is to actually use a mailto: link, especially if they're emailing a link and not the whole page. Something like this should work:

That will set the email subject to the title and the body to a link to the page. You could even make this a snippet or part of the layout to reuse it on all pages.

Sean

Rich Friedeman wrote:
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out the best approach to solving a problem. I'm building a site for a charity fund raising org in radiant 0.7.1 which will have lots of user profile pages on which users will accept donations and promote their cause. I want to give each user a "Share this page" link that will allow someone to provide an email, and the site will mail that person a link to the particular user's page. Doing this on an individual page-by-page basis is easy, as I have mailers working. I don't want to have to create tons of mailer pages, as they're tedious. I have a few ideas of how I'd like it to work but haven't been able to either make any progress or find references for how to proceed. My thoughts are:

Put a mailer in a layout (or a snippet): Would be great, but I have only found the mailer extension to work with, and I don't have page parts in layouts or snippets. I've found no docs on how to make it work w/o page parts.

Set up a page as a template and clone it. This is not exactly elegant, but it would work

Set up a generic "Share this page" mailer and use the referrer to know which user profile page to send. I like this idea as it's simple, but I'm not seeing a way in radiant to grab the referring URL. Is there a "referrer" analog to "parent"?

Am I approaching this in entirely the wrong way?

Thanks,
Rich